Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why do companies like Panera Bread and Boston Market incessantly advertise their catering services in-store?

I like to eat at Panera Bread (when they make my sandwich the same) and Boston Market (when they're not out of Brisket), but when I dine in either restaurant, I feel like I'm eating in the middle of a commercial.



It's everywhere... on the pop machine, on the place-mats, on the window, on the menu, at the cash register, on the side of the van in the parking lot, on little signs on each table, and even on the receipt.



I'm surprised it's not also on the napkins, the toilet paper, or emblazoned/imprinted on the meal itself.



I'm already there. I'm already paying you for a service. Chill out. Calm down, have some dip.



You ought to try an concentrate on a positive current experience, not the potential next experience.



Does anyone know/understand the thought process behind this unabashedly overbearing advertising philosophy?



How can we as a society make it stop?Why do companies like Panera Bread and Boston Market incessantly advertise their catering services in-store?
You won't stop it. It's free and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment