Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Men - PLEASE HELP! Did he deliberately pull a fast one?

I've been dating this guy. We're in the courting phase (no sex).



We were supposed to go out Saturday to dinner. He called and said he had a taste for a chicken pot pie from the boston market. Although their cpp's are good, I didn't want a pot pie or anything from Boston Market. I wanted a steak. I suggested he go get his pot pie and then call me when he's done, if it;s not too late, we could still get together. He said.......no, no, no....what do you want to eat. I said not pot pie. I want a steak. I suggested Claim Jumpers because they have great steak AND chicken pot pie that they are famous for. He hadn't been there before so he said great let's go there. I said they have everything from Rib eye to pot pie. You'll definitely find something you like.



Now, please keep in mind....this is always bragging about what he makes, how many houses he has, what he's going to buy for me etc...



We get there and he agree's the rib eye looks GREAT! I showed him the pot pie on the menu and he then said...yea, I'm going to get the pot pie. He kept hovering over the price of the pot pie...........This was odd because I had never seen him do that before,....he's literally, scrolling the price with his finger over and over. With that behavior I felt uncomfortable ordering a $30 dinner to his $10 dinner so I started to look at other items.......the chicken, the salmon etc... He asked if I knew what I wanted, I said I will by the time the waiter comes. He said....I'm going to get the pot pie (which is what he had a taste for originally- remember, I wanted steak, he wanted pot pie).



The waiter is there and he said do you know what you want, I said.... I will by the time it's my turn, go ahead and order. He made a big fuss and then sent the waiter away and said let's give her a few more minutes... busy place so waiter was gone in a flash. I said why did you do that you could have ordered, I'm ready too. He said do you know what you want, I said yes but I didn't say what it was. He calls the waiter back _ I said, go ahead and order, he says no you order. I said, I'll have the chicken (only because I felt uncomfortable about him rolling over that price so I could see it the way he did), he looks at me and then says........I'll have the rib eye.



I know I could have said, I changed my mind, I will too but it's the point and how he did it. Me and several guys I mentioned this to said he did that on purpose to deliberately lead me to lower priced items.......what do you think????????????????



I already realize I played myself- I'm worth it and I shouldn't have compromised myself or my taste buds to make it easier for someone trying to date me but I want to know if you think he did that deliberately like some of the other fellas do.



No mean comments, just give your opinion. BTW- not digging for gold here, got my own!



Thanks for your responses.Men - PLEASE HELP! Did he deliberately pull a fast one?
he totally did that on purpose.Men - PLEASE HELP! Did he deliberately pull a fast one?
blowing $50 in this economy is bad waste for all.Maybe he really can't afford it, for the $50 you could have picked up steak, wine and fixings and had meals for 2 nights at home. stop being a self centered greedy you know what!Men - PLEASE HELP! Did he deliberately pull a fast one?
Sounds like he was playing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment