Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Child health. Please help?

My 12-year old daughter, suffers from constant stomach pains, in her upper stomach. She can be alright for a while. [the pain is still there however not bothering her alot] Then she will suddenly be in a lot of pain. Things that upset her don't help and make her in alot more pain. She has already had her appendix out, and suffered with aches and pains of the stomach for years. This also accured about a year ago and lasted quite some time. it eventually faded of but this time it seems to be a constant problem. She has had a h-pylori test a year ago, and is due a camera down to see her stomach as this is persistant. Although this is happening it takes time and she is in pain. Any advise would be great. Thank you.xChild health. Please help?Sounds like IBS I suffer with this and when I get upset/stressed etc I get really bad also there are certain food I have worked out that I cant eat as it sets it off. Alot of people suffer with IBS and its not dianosged she needs to try and relax. I have suffered since I was very young to.Child health. Please help?
Taking some sort of over the counter antacid might help - do this on a regular basis for a few days to see if she gets any relief. Some tylenol might also help when the pain is bad. There is not much else you should be giving a 12 year old without your doctor's direction. Work with him on what she can take to help alleviate her symptoms while waiting for her endoscopy.Child health. Please help?I used to suffer all the time too, had loads of tests that didn't show up anything. I started eliminating regular things from my diet one at a time and it turned out to be fizzy juice. Hope she gets well soon x
I GUESS AT SOME POINT I WOULD TAKE HER IN AND TELL THEM TO FIGURE IT OUT CUZ YOU ARE NOT LEAVING WITH A CHILD IN PAIN. YOU TIE UP THAT DOCTOR'S ROOM AND MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN. MY SISTER HAD TO DO THAT AND FINALLY THEY ADMITTED HIM TO THE HOSPITAL FOR A TWISTED STOMACH (CANT REMEMBER THE NAME) AND OPERATED IMMEDIATELY.Child health. Please help?First, let me say that I am NOT a doctor. I am a photographer/editor. But I work for a medical website called icyou.com. We have many many healthcare related videos on our site.



There are many things that could be causing your daughter's pain, and it is good that you are seeking medical treatment. That's really the only way to know. However, there are conditions called crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and celiac disease that COULD be the cause of her pain. It could also be something like a food allergy.



I have included some links below, so that you can take a look at these videos.



Crohn's disease

http://www.icyou.com/search/node/crohn%27s+disease



Ulcerative Colitis

http://www.icyou.com/search/node/ulcerative+colitis



Celiac Disease

http://www.icyou.com/search/node/celiac%27s+disease



Food Allergy

http://www.icyou.com/topics/health-tips/food-allergies+



Anyway, I wish you all the best with your daughter. Hopefully, her condition will be easily treatable, and you will BOTH feel better soon.



Good luck.Child health. Please help?
I have something that sounds a lot like that. I'm 14, and its not constant, but i get these terrible tummy aches. i cant move, and I can't fall asleep. Terrible is an understatement.

1. Lie on the couch (only on the couch, if i lie on the bed it dosent work)

2. Get a bunch of blankets to keep her warm. She'll need them.

3. Get an ice pack and put it where it hurts.

This helps me a lot. Not enough to be up %26amp; walking aroung, but enough to fall asleep. She just has to lie there untill the ice gets to her belly, but make sure she keeps the rest of her body warm.

You also might want to try giving her half of a benadryll. it puts me right to sleep. most of the time its the only way I can sleep when I get the tummy aches.



Good luck! I hope she feels better! i know it dosent feel good. : (
its a nervous stomach- one step below a gastric ulcer. it is caused by stress and anxiety which is common for her age group. An antacid could help- but call to the ER to be sure the particular antacid you give her is safe for children. and compatible with any other midicines she i taking. also give her ibuprophen for the pain. (if the pain is severe she can take up to 4/200 mg tablets, but as ibuprophen can irritate the stomach and cause diahrea and nausea, ty to limit her to 200-400mg max. give her a diet that is less acidity and oily and no spices. avoid those foods that cause gas.Child health. Please help?
No one can diagnose your child online. One approach I would suggest is document the nature of these bouts of pain, specifically: any triggers, type of pain (stabbing, cramping, etc.), what makes it better/worse (if any), length of bouts, other symptoms occuring before/with these bouts. Take these to the doctors.



Did she have her appendix out for confirmed appendicitis, or presumed? One of the things I think of when I hear unexplained recurrent abdo pain is porphyria, but this is something for her doctors to follow up on, not on an online forum.



Good luck.
  • chocolate fondue recipe
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment